Sunday, October 5, 2014

9.

Savannah Jane said goodbye to 8 and hello to 9 while we were in Palm Desert. She woke up at 6 fueled with excitement. To keep her from waking up the rest of the family, she and I went for a sunrise run. I wish I had some photos of that hour we spent talking about the day and how much she has grown, it was one of the most precious hours of my life to share in her joy and watch a new day begin. When we got back to the condo she could think of nothing but the pretty packages we brought with us. She spent all morning putting together this Lego set from Grandma and Grandpa.
Jackson made her a sweet card and Auntie Jenny picked her a bouquet of desert flowers.
She opened a card from Auntie Carolyn with some spending money! So she and I went out and did a little shopping to complete her birthday wish list.
We celebrated with cake and singing, I brought the Botting Birthday Hat from home so we could carry on the family tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment