Thursday, April 15, 2010

What To Do With Rhubarb.

Make this.
For those of you who would make this if the recipe was even
more simplified than Martha's, here's how I make it.

1 lb. strawberries cut up
2 stalks rhubarb chopped
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
boil in medium saucepan until broken down
refrigerate until cool

Somehow this sweet/tart sauce never makes it to a bowl of ice cream. Instead I put it in my oatmeal, on top of waffles and pancakes and my favorite is spooned over creamy Greek yogurt. I'm on my way to the frig...

Oh, have you ever considered pure maple syrup as sweetener in your coffee? A trick I learned on a visit to Vermont. Perfect on a crisp morning. Warning: you might get hooked.

2 comments:

  1. that looks SO yummy! and i'll have to try that pure maple syrup idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are delightful Dusty! I miss you. Can we have a love fest soon?

    ReplyDelete