Monday, December 1, 2014

Advent Calendar.

Like many people, we here at The Hut LOVE the tradition of an Advent Calendar.
This calendar is a bit tricky for me though, it keeps me on my toes. I can't start off too strong or I'll run out of steam by the teens and twenties. On my lazier days I pop a treat into the box early in the morning if I forget to fill the box the night before. But this year I want to be less lazy, more creative and only use the treats we rarely have in this house (i.e. NO leftover Halloween candy).
As you can see, I've promised Hot Chocolate to The Littles as a treat while decorating the tree. But here is the thing: I really don't like hot chocolate out of a package, it is suspicious and chalky. I'm not into preservatives and whatever "natural sweeteners and flavors" (read: MSG). So, I am excited to share with you my favorite homemade recipe for Hot Chocolate!
Hot Chocolate
1 cup almond milk
1 cup coconut milk
3/4-1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
 
Pour all ingredients into a heavy saucepan and place over medium heat. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot.
 
makes 4 small cups.

1 comment:

  1. Coco sounds good! I'll make myself a cup right now in solidarity. xoxo

    ReplyDelete