Friday, January 3, 2014

Weak Wreckage.

Hello Hutters.
I've been lite on the posting lately due to my desire to cherish these last few days of Holiday Break with The Little Girls. Their constant and uninterrupted presence has been a sweet reminder of time passed before they were old enough to go to school. That being said, I am exhausted and fallen prey to an obnoxious flu bug.
What are you up to this weekend? My sister Shannon has a birthday tomorrow, I am hoping to see her sometime as soon as I am well. I hope to finish my family cross-stitch this weekend but other than that, I will be laying low.
To date, this is my 713th post. So I have a pattern: Once I come clean by audibly making a statement (usually a whispered statement to Tim), I become a self-fulfilled prophecy. Example: "This book is really depressing. I think I might ditch it." Immediate result? Said book is abandoned. The other night I whispered to Tim, "I think I'm sick of my blog." Look, I don't know what this means. I started this journey as a way to document My Littles' lives and also as an alternative to keeping a journal. It's been over 4 years. I don't know what to do besides what I'm doing and quite frankly I don't know what I am doing. The part I struggle with is this: It's lazy. Because I post what is happening in my life, I have lost touch with people I deeply care about who live far way. They check in on me here (I think...) but I don't return the favor unless they have a blog or update regularly on Facebook or Instagram. I am not a phone-talker, and I am an even worse letter-writer. I say all this to share my insecurity, my uncertainty about the future of The Honey Hut. You know already I've fallen off schedule in terms of a regular posting pattern and perhaps you are bored too. Maybe you only check this blog to see how many grammatical errors a person can make in one setting. Anyways, I figured I'd be honest with you, my dear readers, because you have invested time in reading my posts. Today I feel like I never want this blog to end and so I am hopeful.
Whatever it is you are up to this weekend, I hope it is happy and warm.
Love,
Dusty.  

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I for one love reading your blogs and staying connected with all of your doings. Especially since I've deleted my FB account. But I can relate that there I times that I grow weary of my blog. So I can understand what you're going through. Either way, I hope we can stay in touch. I enjoy your friendship very much!

    ReplyDelete