Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eureka!

One of my New Year's goals is to appreciate my hometown more than I have in the past. I know there is treasure in this small town, just as there was during the gold rush. I am determined to find these treasures and in some cases, keep them in business. There is a candy shop in downtown Placerville between the Placerville News Company (operating since 1856 and the fifth oldest business in California) and the Placerville Hardware Store (continuously operating since 1852, the oldest hardware store west of the Mississippi).
I took the little girls to Memory Lane Old Tyme Candy yesterday to share with them the complete childish delight of sweets.
I love, love, LOVE all the glass jar candy.

The owner makes the fudge on sight.

If you can't find your favorite childhood candy here, it no longer exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment