Friday, August 22, 2014

A Couple Things...


I've been working on a big backyard project. Part of this project is to bring in ornamental plants which encourage bees and butterflies to stay a spell. I guess I was a bit skeptical when buying the plants and so upon choosing Butterfly Bush I just shrugged and figured who cares if it brings in the butterflies...this gorgeous plant smells amazing. But you know? These plants absolutely live up to their name and are happily dancing throughout the day with butterflies. I have never seen a butterfly like this in our garden before planting these ornamentals.

And you know what?
this view doesn't get old...ever. These water lilies make me happy. I never thought to smell them before today, I figured they didn't smell, their sole purpose to look good. But I couldn't have been more wrong. The fragrance is heavenly.
 
So what are you up to this weekend, Hutters? Do you feel Autumn right around the corner? Did you know we are exactly 1 week away from Apple Hill's opening day? So exciting. This weekend we are participating in our first meat chicken harvest...yup. Also our town is having their annual Barn Dance and we missed it last year so I am super excited about attending. Yes, come Saturday night I'll be feeling like a real farmer/rancher. Wishing you a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment