Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's Up.


Yesterday was the best mail day ever. My seeds are here! The future of The Honey Hut's garden has never been so bright, so much hope wrapped in these paper envelopes. I've started the tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, rhubarb, kale, radishes and cabbage. The rest need a few more weeks or will be directly sown into the soil.
We've been working hard on the acre by clearing, burning, pruning and weeding. The Littles are right there with us, playing in a rough fort we cleared for them. When the fort got boring, I put up this tent under the walnuts and a whole new series of pretend make-believe came to life. I love hearing the dialogue The Little Girls come up with while deeply entranced in another world.
In "chick" news, I placed a small perch in the brooder for my Little Lovelies to practice and relax on. So far, only one Buff Orpington is excited about this. The other chicks just peck at it and lay across from this one, shocked at her audacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment