Monday, June 17, 2013

The County Fair.


Within five minutes of walking through the fair gates, we had accomplished The Little Girls' "To Do" List" of County Fair traditions.
1. Buy Cotton Candy.
2. Eat Cotton Candy.
3. Ask for more Cotton Candy.
4. Scope out the kiddie rides and look for the slide.
5. Get faces painted (highway robbery, by the way).
6. Head to the barn.

Typically we are excited about the barn because well, farm animals are cool. And at the fair, the pigs and cows are huge (and auctioned off, of course). But this year we were excited to see our friend Wrenna show her pet goat in all of her 4-H splendor.
After hugs and congratulations (she earned a Juniors pin), we made off for the rides.
The Botting and The Potter Girls.
Oh...Look at this awesome polka-dot hen. Of course I was so overcome with her beauty I forgot to take a photo of her card listing the breed, ugh. I WANT THIS CHICKEN! I've got to do some research for next time I buy chicks.
I know...my farmer is showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment