Thursday, June 27, 2013

Berry Good.

I have been wanting to learn how to make jam for a while now. Each time I bring home berries from The Ranch, I think about what the process might be, do a little research and then stop...paralyzed by the intimidation of canning jam. Mostly I have been stumped by how to do exactly what I want to do when making jam. And what I want to do is make jam with only two ingredients; berries and sugar. I bit the bullet and got down to business. And let me just say, IT WAS SO EASY (This was my guide)! I used Marion Berries and Olallieberries, 7 -8 cups of berries to 2 cups of sugar--that's it.
We picked berries this morning with Jenny, Jackson and Hank at The Ranch.
At home, I rinsed then put super ripe berries in a pan with a little sugar.

After boiling for an hour with constant stirring.
Poured into hot disinfected jars, lids and rings.
Then into the boiling-water canner for 15 minutes. Done when sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment