Monday, October 29, 2012

Red Ribbon Week.

Last week Savannah's teacher asked a mom to help decorate the class' door for Red Ribbon Week. The project fell into my hands and I was happy for it, I loved working in the classroom again in an artsy capacity. The theme was "The best me is drug-free." The kids then thought of a favorite activity in an "I'd rather..." sentence, then wrote said activity on a balloon held by a their own decorated Halloween Doll. Each class was to decorate their door and the Principal would come by on Friday to pick the winner. I was sure all the children's creativity would merit top honor but alas, 1st grade didn't stand a chance against a very talented 3rd grade. But the little 1st graders were so proud of their door and told Mrs. French they felt like they had already won.

No comments:

Post a Comment