Friday, October 5, 2012

Great Bones.

I found this beauty at an estate sale a few weeks back. Immediately I saw through her dated fabric and stain, imagining her instead with white paint and distressed navy twill. I underestimated the work it would take to get her looking the way I imagined. I haven't done a re-upholstery project in quite some time, but it all came back to me...the inspiration, the supplies, the work, the crisis, the loss of faith in my ability, the wanting to call my Mom for help, the breakthrough, and the finish. I know this bench is going to be destroyed by stains from grubby little fingers so I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about the "quality" of work I did. I know she has a good year before another makeover. Overall I like her and I'm glad this lady is ours. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment