Thursday, August 16, 2012

1st Day Of 1st.


Yesterday was Savannah's first day of 1st grade.
She was very excited all morning but then nervous and tentative once on campus.
But then her best girlfriend Gracie showed up and guess what?...They are in the same class! (There are 3 classes of 1st graders, they get mixed around each year based on teacher requests. Thank you Mrs. Reeves for seeing these two stay together!)
Savannah at her OWN desk.
I was a mess all day. I missed her gentle spirit and I couldn't find anything (she has fantastic recall). I got to the bus stop way too early and blinked back the tears at how small she seemed stepping off that big bus. 
It took all the self control I could muster not to ask a million questions about her day. She has to have her space, time to think and someone to wait patiently until she is ready to spill hmm...just like her Dad. It turns out her day was swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment