Monday, July 8, 2013

Simple Supper.

Last month I tried this new-to-me recipe; One-Pan Pasta. It is genius and delicious and ANYONE can make it. It currently is on our weekly dinner list here at The Hut. I used Angel Hair Pasta but I'm sure you can use any other regular variety though I don't recommend using whole wheat or gluten-free pasta here. The recipe is here but this is how I make it.
Ingredients:
half package Angel Hair Pasta
1 tomato chopped (I've also used a drained can of petite diced tomatoes, it works too)
1/4 chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
small handful basil leaves, chopped
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
dash of red pepper flakes
2 T olive oil
4 1/2 cups water

Boil all ingredients in a large skillet, turning ingredients as the pasta cooks about 8 minutes or when liquid is almost evaporated. Top with Parmesan cheese.
Oh...and the clean up after this meal is a dream, One Pan!


No comments:

Post a Comment