Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year.

Happy New Year Honey Hutters! Oh how I would love to listen to all your New Year's resolutions, please share with me in the comments below if you like, pretty please? I know some resolutions are private so no pressure. As for me, I'm keeping it simple. In 2013 I am determined to drink more water, a half gallon minimum each day. Tim is going to read 25 books by 25 different authors. Savannah wants to get more rest (she asked for a "Quiet Time" today). Ivy wants what Savannah wants (so sweet!), more rest. And Goo, well Goo can't really articulate verbally yet what he resolves to do in 2013 so my guess is the grunting/pointing/begging at the sliding glass door means he is determined to spend more time out doors exploring.
Here's what we are having for New Year's Dinner.
Beef Stew
In a slow cooker (crock pot) add:
2 cans mushroom soup
2 cans water
1 pkg onion soup mix
3 carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 handful fingerling potatoes (quartered)
1 pound beef (cut in small cubes. I like round tip strips for stir fry)  
cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
10 minutes before serving, add
1 cup green peas
2 T sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment