Friday, July 20, 2012

Labor Of Yum.

Yesterday was the most beautiful overcast summer day so The Littles and I made a date with Patrick's.

When we got home, I made nectarine-marionberry bran muffins.
Preheat oven to 375
1/2 c butter, melted
1 1/2 c flour
1 c wheat bran
2 eggs
3/4 c buttermilk
1/2 t vanilla
3/4 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
berries (marion, blue, rasp, black, cherries...)
stonefruit (peach, apricot, nectarine, plum)
Mix dry and wet ingredients separately then combine adding fruit last and gently fold. Then spoon batter into buttered muffin tin or baking cups. I sprinkle sugar on tops of the wet batter to make the top sugar crispy once baked. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 15-20 minutes. Makes 12.
I found Goo like this last night.
I couldn't figure out how he pulled the refrigerator door open and got into the berries.
He didn't get into the berries...he got into the markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment