Monday, July 9, 2012

Cherry O Cheesecake.

I am not really fond of cheesecake. However, there is one cheesecake I can't resist...my Mom's Cherry O' Cheesecake. The recipe is so simple, it is hard to mess up.

Cherry O' Cheesecake
(Before you start, set out cream cheese to soften)

1st...Blend into crumbs: 
9 Graham crackers 
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c melted butter
Press crumbs into a greased pie plate (8 or 9 inch)

2nd...Beat until creamy the following:
1 8oz cream cheese (I used the 1/3 less fat or Neufchatel cheese)
1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk (in the baking aisle)
1/3 c lemon juice (2 lemons)
1 t. vanilla

Pour into crust and REFRIGERATE for 2 full hours.
Top with fresh berries or peaches. 
 My Dad is growing berries on The Ranch for the first time this season and so Friday night I swapped out the cherries for marion berries.
Tonight we'll have it again with ripe cherries!

No comments:

Post a Comment