Friday, June 4, 2010

Everything...

...I ever wanted.

Last night we went to the 8th grade graduation of the school where I formerly taught junior high.
At one point during the ceremony, the room stood still for me. I looked up at the ceiling of the church and reminisced of the personal landmarks that this room witnessed with me. I was baptized in this church, graduated 8th grade also in this church, married in this church, said goodbye to my Mom in this church and spoke at graduations in this church. Sitting on my left were three of my fellow teachers (I'm crossing my fingers I get the opportunity to teach with them again someday.) Sitting to my right was my little family, my Little Girls and my guy. I looked around the room at former students and their families, now friends of mine. In that sanctuary, I felt peace.
(The balcony view of our wedding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment