Thursday, November 21, 2013

Keep Close.


I was able to spend some quality one-on-one time with Miss Savannah today. The 2nd grade class walked to the Fire Station in town for a field trip, a fun adventure on a very crisp and windy autumn day. Savannah has been very excited these last couple of days to be making new friends with a very quiet little girl in her class (more quiet than Savannah). It was sweet to see these two shy girls navigate a new friendship on our outing. Today they sat on the bus home together and on the short walk home from the bus stop, Savannah confided in me some information this little girl shared with her about her difficult home life. My heart aches for this precious, beautiful child. I kept My Littles close to me tonight and let them stay up as late as they could handle, squeezing out as much comfort as I could get from their closeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment