Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cursing Time.


Do you want to know a secret?
I live in fear...
of the moment The Little Girls don't want to be like me.
of the moment they think my dancing around the house looks silly or embarrassing.
of the moment they don't want me to do their hair.
of the moment they don't want to snuggle with me.
of the moment they shrug away from me when I give them a hug or worse yet offer me a cheek to kiss instead of lips.
of the moment they don't want me to walk them to their classroom.
of the moment they take someone else's advice over mine.
of the moment The Little Girls would rather tell a friend what happened at school than share their day with me.
of the moment in a future argument when one of them yells, "I HATE YOU."
of the moment when they don't care what I think.
of the moment they feel self-conscious of their bodies or personalities.
of the moment they see themselves through the eyes of someone who will break their hearts instead of the way I see them.
of Little Girls grown up.
I live in fear of time. (Chronophobia.)
Why can't they stay little forever?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment