Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Perfect Timing.


A box of stickers fell on the floor this morning, it had been teetering on the sofa arm rather precariously waiting for the perfect blend of slight breeze and gravity to send it's contents scattering to the floor. Two Little Girls stepped over the mess multiple times and this busy Mama finally found time to gather up the pieces. Curiously I found this card stuck/fit perfectly in the bottom of the sticker box. My Mom sent this to me my Freshman year in college. I remember the rainy day it came to my dorm mailbox, I had just returned to campus after work. My Mom's timing was perfect, I hated my job and was struggling to keep up with my studies between classes and supporting myself. I was homesick and her words nurtured and reassured me. I carried the Hug book with me for weeks, it was my hope touchstone and a surrogate way to be with my Mom. This card is my surrogate hope touchstone today, her words picking up my pieces and are as relevant today as they were 16 years ago.
  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Mud. Just like she was and just like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing something so personal. It makes me realize how special moms are. I know your mom was special, and I see you also being a wonderful and special mother to your family.

    ReplyDelete