Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sigh.

By now most gardeners have planted their vegetables and herbs. I realize it's late May and this next weekend is supposed to kick off the summer season here but Mother Nature seems to be confused which makes my job and hobby of having a fruitful harvest this Fall (so far) impossible. I have yet to build my garden boxes and trick the gophers or even buy my starter plants. I feel behind schedule and a bit hopeless about my vegetable garden. It snowed Saturday so I am glad I listened to Tim and waited on planting, but sitting indoors today I am anxiously looking out at my sad, wet garden space to where in Springs past I smiled at it's cheerfulness and green growth.
This photo is of my first garden.
My Mom built it with me and Maile helped me maintain it.
Both of them are gone now, hopefully together cheering me on to
pick myself up and get excited to start/finish my vegetable garden.
Hey girls, mind sending me some sunshine?
(I'm smiling just this second because indeed,
there was a break in the clouds. I love you girls, thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment