Friday, December 18, 2009

Surprises.


Tim sits on the Board of Directors of the El Dorado County Builders Exchange. Last night was the annual members meeting and Christmas party. It was strange to be in a room full of people and not recognize a single person. It was fun to see Tim be the (well I dare say "social" but if you know Tim this word doesn't really jive with his personality) person introducing me or chit-chatting with other party-goers. The MC of the night was District Supervisor Jack Sweeney. There recently was a campaign to recall Jack, the campaign didn't get enough support. I liked him and his bad jokes. My favorite part of the night was when we all stood to say the Pledge of Allegiance and realized there wasn't a flag to salute, so a congressman took off his lapel pin and held it high for everyone to see as we all pledged away. Somehow, this pledge seemed more relevant and heart-felt because of the creativity it ensued. I also was very surprised at Tim when he started bidding on a live auction. I think he was just gambling to see how high he could get the guy in front of us to go. At any rate, most of the night I was wondering what this fun impostor guy had done with my shy-guy, back-of-the-crowd guy, don't-cause-a-scene guy, not-much-for chit-chat guy, leave-before-the-dancing-starts guy. I liked this "new" guy so I took him home. I hope he stays around. If not, I hope to see him at next year's party.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Tim looking good. Looks like yoga is going well!! Miss you guys. Great picts.

    ReplyDelete