Monday, June 18, 2012

     Father's Day morning, Tim snuggling The Goo.

Something I didn't think about before I had kids was, what kind of a Dad would Tim be? This consideration is probably a big deal in terms of choosing to share your life with someone but not something I put any thought into at all. I'm sure that on a subconscious level I knew Tim would be competent in whatever he put his energy into. But to say I hit the jackpot when it comes to him being an involved Dad is an understatement. Little else matters to Tim than our little family, save our family business (because it supports our family financially) and some personal time (so he can come back to the family prepared to be a parent again). And while the lion's share of raising our kids is my job, I feel supported and cherished as their Mom because Tim lives in the present moment as an involved Dad whether we are at home or out and about. This is a gift he gives me everyday.

Something super important to Tim is the children's education. Did you know he volunteered in Savannah's class this last year? Yep, every Friday. (There are moments in parenthood where I look at Tim and his fathering skills and think he is sexy as hell. This is one of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment