Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Howth.

I am a devout reader of Design Sponge and so when we made arrangements to go to Ireland, I could think of no better place to start my research of Dublin than going to the DS city guides. I was impressed by the city guide written by Emily and so I checked out her blog and contacted her for more information about what we should to do on such a short trip. She saved me heaps of time and gave great tips enriching our travel and exploration all the more. On our third day in Dublin, she and I decided to meet up for coffee. We chose a time, she recommended a place and gave me a description of what she was wearing. We had a lovely chat. It was fun meeting her and putting a face and voice to a name.
One of Emily's recommendations was to take the DART (rapid transit) up to the top of Dublin bay to Howth, a charming little fishing village. Tim and I walked out of the station and found ourselves right in the middle of town. I felt like we were on a movie set that afternoon because every shop, pub, boat and sea view seemed intentional, exactly like I had imagined a quaint fishing village should look like. 








Fish and Chips for the ride back to the city. I will be dreaming of these from Beshoff Bros for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment