Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola Bars.

I am still having a difficult time keeping the cookie jar full of these. But now a new deliciously easy treat is proving difficult to keep in The Honey Hut as well. I adapted these Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cereal Bars to be more like healthy granola bars for an easy healthy sweet snack. 
1. Melt a half stick of butter over medium heat.
2. Mix in 4-5 cups of mini marshmellows, 1/4 t. salt and 3/4 cup of natural peanut butter.
3. Pour melted mixture over 8 cups of puffed-rice cereal. I didn't use a chocolate flavored rice cereal as I was trying to make these as healthy as possible. I used my favorite...Special K.
4. After letting the mixture cool slightly, stir in 1/2 cup peanuts (or peanut butter chips) and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips.

5. Press into a large greased square or rectangular baking dish and let stand 20-40 minutes. 
 6. Cut up into bars and wrap with parchment paper if you like. Store in an airtight container.
Yum...headed to the kitchen now. 

1 comment: