Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello, Goodbye.

 Dad and Sylvia hosted us at The Ranch for Thanksgiving this year, we had a lovely feast and visit. In a word it was RELAXING, as all Thanksgivings should be. 
 My brother-in-law John made this um, AMAZING pumpkin-orange cheescake with chocolate crust and salted caramel. I mean really? Just look at it! At this point it doesn't matter what it tastes like (though it was every bit delicious as it was gorgeous), the presentation was mouthwatering. Recipe here.
 My turkey (I am quite proud): Maple-glazed with hazelnut apple stuffing. Recipe here.
 We spent the weekend with Tim's parents, again RELAXING! They take such good care of us, spending time with them is like a big long warm hug. They took the girls to Gibson Ranch to feed the ducks and geese. So much fun!

Today I am saying goodbye to this nose. 
This collapsed deviated septum creating swollen tissue and chronic sinusitis-nose. I have had this surgery twice before so I know what I am in for, I am nervous about the recovery process in general but with three kids to take care of while healing? My stomach is in knots.

No comments:

Post a Comment