Monday, February 7, 2011

Lemon Meringue Pie.

 Every February I try in earnest to replicate my Mom's Lemon Meringue Pie. Something always goes wrong; I get lazy and use jello pudding mix instead of making from scratch, the crust shrinks, the meringue shrinks or falls flat. This year I was more determined than ever so I went straight to my Mom's resource, Fannie Farmer (this cookbook is a staple, a bible for cooks).
 The recipe with it's aged spots of egg white, vanilla and lemon zest.
The result. It turned out perfect.
 
There was not a crumb to spare once the pieces were cut, every bite was heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Lemon Meringue is my FAVORITE! I'm not much of a pie girl, but I will swing pie's way for a slice of LM. It definitely looks as though you did it justice! :)

    ReplyDelete