Thursday, November 12, 2009

To Theme or Not to Theme...

It seems like Christmas holiday decor comes out earlier and earlier every year. I realized the season had started in the retail world when I was out shopping for Halloween candy. I received several emails from shops advertising their holiday decor (ONLINE AND IN STORES NOW!) November 1st. I felt pressure to think about my tree and how to decorate it. I've always admired themed Christmas trees. I love my Grandma's trees. She did a bird themed tree a few years back that I was very envious of. My Mom loved a themed tree too. She color coordinated all the wrapping paper so all the gifts underneath looked too beautiful to open. I never can quite get myself together to theme a tree. However, if I were to do a themed tree this year I think I would do a nautical theme using ornaments from Anthropologie. This would cost a small fortune and so I hope to buy a few December 26th and perhaps do it next year instead.


this sweet octopus

I put a tree in the little girls' room every year. It is a pink tree and thus very girlie. I'm going to sweeten it up even more this year with


these cupcakes.

What about you? Does your holiday tree, wreath, hearth, front yard or wrapping have a theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment