Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Case of the Cries and Curls.

As I was looking out the window of the airplane the other night, I could see the full moon's reflection on the warm waters off the coast of Kauai. When the captain welcomed us to the island, I surprised myself by getting teary eyed. I'm not much of a crier and so I sat there wondering where this emotion was coming from. It has been three years since we've been to the islands, and ten since we've been to Kauai so it could have been that. But mostly I could not wait to get on the beach with Tim and these sweet girls and have a much needed family vacation. I couldn't wait to squeeze Addie and Angela and watch Margaret with all three of her grand-girls. Now, after the first full day of playing on the beach, eating papayas and taking the girls to a Luau, I can say we are living this week to its fullest and loving every second of our stay here in this magical place. Oh, and you wouldn't believe how curly Savannah and Ivy's hair is. Ringlets everywhere.
















Addie-kins.


Hawaii's newest Hula dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment