Thursday, October 20, 2011

Busy, Busy Hands.

 The other day I saw this and decided I must teach myself to cross-stitch! And by the Power of Martha, I did. Years ago I inherited my Mom's embroidery thread box stashed along with all of her sewing treasures. I've used some threads in the past for patchwork or tying french knots (the sweetest and best knots), but never been much interested in cross-stitch. The sisters Txus and Jose, who I lived with in Spain, cross-stitched every weeknight while watching TV. Their projects were amazing and incredibly complex. Anyways, I've never been one to shy away from a sewing project or new "home art" related talent (something else I inherited from my Mom) so I ran down to Main Street to grab some embroidery thread in primary colors, fabric, a hoop, some needles and graph paper and scurried home to make my patterns.
Using Martha's magazine for ideas.
Patterns.
 My Mom will roll over in her grave about this mess.
 That's a little better, right?
 Practicing.
 What I've got so far. Soon all the Botting's will be on display...stay tuned.

1 comment: