Thursday, September 1, 2011

Breathe.

Life has been a juggling act these last few weeks. Somewhere between delivering The Gobbly Goo, sending Savannah off to Kindergarten and entertaining Ivy weeks passed of erratic disjointed sleep deprivation that is only now starting to take it's toll. Even as I type this post I find it difficult to put these sentences together and proof-reading will do me zero favors when I'm through. In an effort to accurately portray the sleepy position I find myself in, I will throw caution to the wind and embarrass myself in full disclosure by telling you that yesterday afternoon I was such a zombie I forgot to pull down my pants when I went to pee. The saddest part of this confession is that I couldn't put two and two together in that moment to figure out why my pants were wet. Today Ivy was watching a show when I fell asleep on the couch while burping Grady. I woke up to find her face inches from mine (her eyes like saucers), checking for signs of life. It is no wonder the first weeks of a newborn's life are difficult to recall, they pass quickly in a blur of semi-consciousness. And so I am trying to live in each moment, to slow down this crazy carnival ride and take in some fresh air. Being present mentally is difficult at the moment and so I'll tell myself what Tim and I always tell The Little Girls in chaotic circumstances...Just Breathe.

1 comment: