Thursday, September 29, 2011

6.

Yesterday was Savannah's sixth birthday. I have never ever witnessed a child more excited than she was about this birthday-the countdown started last May. Seriously. Because her birthday fell on a school day and soccer practice day, I was a busy baker. We brought 2 dozen cupcakes to her class,
where Mrs. Reeves spoiled her with a birthday hat and birthday "spankings".
 Mrs. Reeves has the best ideas. When I asked her if we can bring/do something special for Savannah's class in honor of her birthday, she suggested Savannah pick out a book to donate to the class and have either Tim or I read it aloud. While I was reading Edward The Emu, I looked down at Savannah and her face was shining with pride and preciousness, she was so happy. 
For soccer practice I baked 4 dozen cookies but handed the duties of passing out and mingling with kids and families to Tim because I was in a rush to get home and cook this and frost...
this.
All the Grandparents came over to share the cake and ice cream and open presents too.
Happy 6th Birthday Savannah Jane!

1 comment:

  1. That little birthday cake hat is the sweetest idea ever! Happy bday to your little princess!! :)

    ReplyDelete