Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby Dresser.

The greatest challenge of this pregnancy has been finding a dresser for the nursery. I love the process of restoring furniture from its beginning (the treasure hunt), throughout the transformation (sanding, cleaning, painting and lining drawers), to putting it to it's use (in this case filling with baby boy clothes).
I purchased this antique dresser at a barn sale for $60.
 After stopping by Dad's ranch to pick up the tools,
I stripped it (including the laminate top) and sanded it entirely.
Fighting every urge to paint it white, I first painted it a color called Tangerine Dream. In actuality it was an orange nightmare and so I went with this Kelly Green color. I bought these knobs
and
Ta DA...
Soon it will be topped by a diaper changing pad, ready for Baby B.

1 comment: