Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Saucey.

When you live in Apple Hill and are raised on homemade applesauce, the jars on the market shelf look pretty sad. In early October my dad and I picked the apples from five trees with the intent of making our sauce. My dad has a sweet set up for canning and he knows everything about the process from years of experience. We did a batch shortly after we picked the apples and then finished on Monday. And now I am so pleased as I look at my pantry shelf and smile at the juicy sauce inside those jars. I feel as productive as a pioneer or Ma from Little House on the Prairie, storing up the apples for the winter.


Coring and peeling the apples.


Apple Juice + Apples + Cinnamon Sticks =


Sauce.


Cooling off for the pantry. YUM.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment