Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kinder Kamp.

(first day)
 I am severely indebted to Savannah's near future Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. "R". Every summer she runs a two week preparatory day camp for the first 20 students who've signed up for school. She is not paid for this two week program and could be spending her cherished summer hours with her grandchildren or having a bit of much needed down time. Instead she is the answer to my prayers, prayers fearfully whispered after interrogation-type questioning from Savannah about what school might be like for her and how she won't be able to stand being away from me. But these last two weeks she has done better than I have. Every morning she excitedly dresses herself, arms herself with her locket and bravely rides the school bus on her own. When she gets home I hear stories about Gracie, Quincy and the other kids, snack, recess, art and how many times she did or didn't look inside her locket.
(ballet pose)
 (tears over a scratch from Ivy, tears that couldn't clear up by the time I was ready to take her morning photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment