Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dalkey.

The most charming village in Dublin Bay is Dalkey. Every cottage is proudly cared for, every garden lovely and every encounter friendly.
This cottage had the most welcoming poppy red door.
Swoon.
This home was vacant, I peeked inside. White floors, marble mantel, crown moldings, high ceilings...lovely.
This shop was the first to greet us on our walk from Kiliney, a fantastic boutique with beautifully made clothes and unique jewelry.
The moment I stepped inside this pharmacy, I felt at home. The owners and chemists were so friendly. I stayed for the better part of an hour talking to Nikki (a chemist) who was a genius with regard to skin care. She called me "Lass". I wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home with me. After I left, I tried thinking of other things I might need from the pharmacy just so I could have a more obvious reason to go back into Kerin's and have a chat with her.
The train station back to Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment